Outward Bound Extended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YOUR OUTWARD BOUND EXPERIENCE

3 posters

Go down

YOUR OUTWARD BOUND EXPERIENCE Empty YOUR OUTWARD BOUND EXPERIENCE

Post by Admin Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:31 pm

To all ex-Bounders.....

Do you still remember when did you come to OBML for a course ? Do you still remember your course mates and watch mates and still become good friends? Do you still remember how you were when first time you got a letter or told by your respective companies or sponsors that you had to attend a course at Outward Bound Malaysia Lumut? how did you feel at that moment ? how did you response? Excited ?Regretted?What the first thing came up to your mind? A lot of questions? i believe that would be so many things to explain ? Or maybe this question had come to you, What the hell was outward Bound?

And then you had no choice, you already at Outward Bound Malaysia Lumut, do you still remember how you were? Do you still remember what u had gone through and done during the course ? counting days to go home? The big wave, storm, kayaking and whaling under the hot sun, raining, trekking across the jungle with the heaviest bag ever behind your back,climbing,your kayak capsized and all the hard time that you had experienced but you still survived until today ? Do still remember those ?

After everything and your hard time was almost to the end and you had only one day before you could go back to your normal life; tonight was the BBQ nite ? Again what was your feelings?

Came the last day of the course ? u already gotten your completion certs and ready to go back home ? How were you at that moment? Proud ?Amazed?sad?happy?Surprised? What kind of feeling you were having ? ????????.......

Now as of today, do you still remember all those ? or you almost forget about it? Or hardly to recall the moment when you were here ? Do you still remember what was your greatest achievement ?

I would like to ask you another questions here ?
Did obml give a meaningful experience to you?
Did OBML make you know and aware more about yourselves ? strengths ?weaknesses ?what are you capable to do and so on?
Did OBML experience worth for you?
Did you changed? Or same like before?
Do you still have OB SPIRIT and the sense of TO SERVE, TO STRIVE AND NOT TO YIELD in you ?

I hope after reading this post you can share your Outward Bound Experience, let us know the effectiveness of Outward Bound experience in a mission to help people to be more care/love of themselves,others and surrounding .As of today, is Outward Bound Malaysia Lumut still relevant in developing human character especially to the young generations.

Don't leave this forum without leaving something, sharing you experience is what we want. It is easy to do, just click on the Post Reply Button and you can start sharing your greatest moment at OBML. But make sure english or malay.

Thank You.
Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-07-16

http://obmlumut.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

YOUR OUTWARD BOUND EXPERIENCE Empty Re: YOUR OUTWARD BOUND EXPERIENCE

Post by nuruldinie Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:27 pm

Hello(: Let me start the ball rolling huh?

The first time I went for an outward bound course was the local one - outward bound Singapore. At that time, it was only five days.

So when we found out we were supposed to go for another Outward Bound course, what more at LUMUT, which is like at the other end of Malaysia, most of us were pretty hesitant. And trust me, A LOT of them came up with excuses not to go for the course.(: Haha. It was hilarious at that point of time I guess, and I nearly resorted to finding an excuse too.

So when we reached Lumut at night, most of us were thinking, "why the hell are we doing here?!" And the ten days seemed pretty long too. But somehow, when the ten days ended, it was visible that some of us were pretty sad to go home, even though we were kind of homesick.

So, lesson learnt here: You can NEVER know or predict what's going to happen in the future. As much as you hate doing something, just give it a try, because it can somehow be a life-changing and unforgettable experience. And I'm glad I didn't come up with an excuse to skip OBML. Haha. And I think that's what the other participants from my school feel too. Obviously, those who decided not to go just missed an opportunity of a lifetime that will never be offered again.

Smile

nuruldinie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ai Ching Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:55 pm

when I was a participant for the first time,I actually already got homesick on the 1st day already.hahaha.I was only 12!spoilt kid who never did all these kind of outdoor activities and our dorm was Korbu!a kid like me has never had to climb such stairs just to get to my dorm!on top of that,I had to wash my own clothes for my first time!It really is horrible hand washing clothes.

I did have a great time during the course except my homesickness and I promised myself that I would never return again.after 2 years I went back with a big bunch of school friends and we had such a great time!

a year after I became a CA and ever since,I've been going back each year as a CA =) I love OB!

OB really did change me.change for the better of course =D

over n out...
-Ai Ching
Ai Ching
Ai Ching

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down